Dr. Bobs Adventure

We've created this blog for several reasons. First is to keep family and friends(including Bobs' pts.)informed of Bobs' condition while he undergoes treatment for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia(AML) at HUP. You may also write to Bob by posting a comment, which I'll print for him to read. Please feel free to pass this blog site on to anyone you think may want to join us.Instructions to blog are listed under day 12, and bobs' address etc are under day 14. Click on April Archives to find both.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Still doing well...

Hi everybody, OH my gosh!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've written. The truth is it's just been crazy. I just got home at 8:45p after working til 5p and then spending a few hours with Bob, and truth be told I should be throwing some clothes in the wash right now instead of writing, but I'm off tomorrow and the "Cable guy" is coming so I'll be here for a few hours and can get some stuff done then. So back to Bob...I gave him a much needed haircut...(read buzzed all over with electric razor) and a good back rub. Also bought him an electric razor for his face last night...something he has been refusing, but I can't shave him every day and he's not steady enuf to do it himself, so I bought the electric. Too bad dear, you look too scruffy in between shaves! Ha! Now, Bob is doing really well. The physical therapists are very impressed with how much progress he has made in one week. He can go up and down 2 stairs and then turn around and repeat, and he can walk about 25' with the walker before he gets pooped and his knees ache. Considering 2 weeks ago he couldn't even get out of bed by himself, I'm thrilled! The only trouble right now is nausea which isn't an uncommon occurrence for Bob even at home d/t all his meds. He got zofran ordered last night and that seems to be helping. He's not as keen on the food this week, but is loving milk shakes and smoothies that friends are bringing...thank you L.A. Thank you also to Fred and Charlie for visiting and of course to Bobs' fab family. And thanks also to JW and BAT for the cards...kept forgetting to mention that your kindness was much appreciated. Okay, gotta go. Thanks for writing Joycie and I will pass your hello along to Bob. And I'll try to be better about writing! All our love and thanks, Bob and Mo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karen Bennie said...

glad to hear is starting to move around..hoping he gets a little stroger each day..I can imagine how exhausting it all must be for him..but he sounds ike a trooper!!

December 10, 2012 11:48 PM  
Anonymous bev said...

So glad to here Bob is getting stronger ..sorry we. havevnt gotten over again ..doctors r us is the order of the day..Joes surgery in am ...will get over later this wk love and prayers from all of the Z's...hope all else is ok

December 11, 2012 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home